We’re looking for some bright individuals to join the organising committee for InnovationACT (IACT) 2019.
IACT, an initiative of ANU, is a free ten-week entrepreneurship program that supports hundreds of up-and-coming Canberra entrepreneurs each year. As part of the IACT19 Committee, you will get hands-on experience running a recognised program, gain some unique work experience, and make some great connections within the local innovation community.
Volunteer roles available
Program Officers (2x roles available)
We are seeking committee members to support the implementation of the IACT18 program and to engage directly with participants and other program stakeholders throughout the program. Program Officers will also assist with general program support, such as event promotion, coordination and administration.
This role would best suit students who have a demonstrated interest in innovation and entrepreneurship, and are interested in further developing their skills in this space and building networks within the local startup community.
Communications Officers (2x roles available)
We are seeking committee members to assist with the marketing and communications aspects of the program, including writing blog posts, assisting in managing IACT social media channels and coordinating marketing campaigns around the IACT program. Communications Officers will also assist with general program support, such as event promotion, coordination and administration.
This role would best suit students who have a demonstrated interest in marketing, communications and/or PR and are interested in developing their skills in this space.
- You will be enrolled as a student at ANU from August to October (inclusive) 2019.
- You will be available and able to commit at least six hours per week from August to October (inclusive) 2019, including attending IACT events, which are generally held on Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, time management skills and be able to work with little direction.
- Past participation in IACT would be favourable but not required.
If you are interested in joining the IACT19 Committee, please send your CV and a short cover letter to Vicki Stanley, Program Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Which role/s you are applying for and why you are suited to the role/s
- What skills you can bring to the committee
- What you are hoping to gain from joining the committee
Expressions of interest close COB Friday 26th July 2019.
Note: These are not paid positions – you will be volunteering your own time.
Enquiries: Vicki Stanley, InnovationACT Program Manager, email@example.com